Raajeswari Fireworks Agency - Sivakasi Fireworks Online Shop - Health & Safety Tips
Why Accidents Occur? :
All accidents due to fireworks occur as a result of carelessness, negligence and ignorance. But these can certainly be avoided by observing some very simple precautions. All of us enjoy the pleasure of light and sound but when disaster strikes the injured has to bear the cross. If you’re going to set off fireworks at home this year, please take a few minutes to read through the guidelines.
- Store them in a closed box, somewhere cool and dry, out of reach of children and animals and away from all sources of heat, until the time they’re needed.
- Locked away is best. Don’t keep the box under the stairs or in a passageway.
- Pets get very frightened on fireworks night, so keep all your pets indoor and close all the curtains to make things calmer.
- Remember it’s not just your own fireworks that cause distress, so you may have to have your pets indoors on several nights when other displays are taking place.
- Have a full bucket of water handy for any emergency, and for putting used sparklers into.
- Never try to re-ignite the fireworks that don’t light in the first instance.
- Never give ANY firework item to small children.
- Never throw fireworks at another person.
- Never carry fireworks in your pocket.
- Never shoot fireworks from metal or glass containers.
- Never experiment, modify, or attempt to make your own fireworks.
- Never use a sparkler in the middle of a large crowd.
- Try to light the fireworks & crackers biggest open space and safest surroundings.
- Loose clothing can very easily catch fire, and should not be worn near any fire or fireworks.
- Long dangly scarves can be risky too.
- If anyone’s clothing does catch fire, follow the rule: Stop – Don’t run. Drop to the ground. Roll to put out the flames.